Education : Diploma or BE in Mechanical or Instrumention
Nationality : Indian
Experience : 10 – 15 yr
The E&l Testing Engineer is responsible for executing job site E&I activities of the Pre commissioning group on a major green field Alumina Refinery project in The United Arab Emirates; whether performed by Bechtel direct hire,or under subcontracts. The E&I Testing Engineer shall be experienced with Bechtel and industry standard pre-commissioning and commissioning work practices. The E&I Testing Engineer reports to the Area Lead Testing Engineer and will work closely with other PCS Testing Engineers plus at times Electrical and Mechanical Testing Engineers. E&I Testing Engineer will supervise the E&I Craft for E&I activities. E&I Testing Engineer will provide E&I technical support to specialist activities (detailed below) ,and system engineering of specialist systems by intermittently working within the teams of the Pre-Commissioning Leads and the Commissioning Leads,if required.
- Support pre commissioning team activities associated to the E&I, this may involves chematic checks,loop checking,logic inspection,verify alarm/set points,establish data links to foreign devices(via field bus,programmable logic solver and independent processors),walk downs.
- Execute specific specialist pre-commissioning activities associated to PCS, PIM Sand SCMS (in coordination with system engineers-Both Red side and White side)such as establishing PCS detailed interfaces with other plant automation systems such as third party PLCs.
- Leads and owns the Controls Systems respectively as a System Engineer ,driving completion
- Apply E&I,PC Sand general procedure
- Applies management of change process to the pre-commissioning PCS and E&I activities. This includes design changes,changes to scoped drawings,produces NCRs/RFls/FCDs,redlines,and associated re work and retesting coordination.
- Lead crafts upervision for a widerange of PCS and E&I equipment,schematic and loop checks,system testing & pre-commissioning activities
- Updates coped drawings and databases; whilst coordinating with the Completions Department Turnover Coordination This includes input of any required changes into TEAM Works and Set Route.
- Applies PCS and E&I testing documentation and procedures and supports management of change,updating and tracking(working in conjunction with the specific document owners).
- identifies PCS and E&I technical issues and raises queries to the Lead PCS Testing
- Work with subcontractors,supplier representatives & other discipline teams to ensure proper documentation of testing.
- Supports LOTO activities during work preparation,and confirms I00% compliance of craft sign on/off.
- Supports the Lead PCS Testing Engineer with component in formation for E&I Field Material Requisitions
- Works with pre-commissioning system engineers for Site Acceptance Tests,and performance for some systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or 8-10 years equivalent work experience
- Knowledge & experience of E&I systems,preferably with M&M refinery equipment and Rio Tin to Alcantechnology
- Knowledge &experience of PCS systems,preferably with the Honeywell
- Knowledge of E&I requirements fo rcompletion of constructionand testing of Compressors ,Process Pumps and Fans,together with PCS
- Knowledge of instrumentation installation, calibration, loop checking and pre-commissioning procedure
- Knowledge & experience of testing, pre-commissioning &turn over practices.
- Knowledge of process electrical isolation to perform safe PCS and E&l task
- Knowledge & experience in PTW, STARRT ,JHA, LOTO procedures & practice
- Leadership skills & able to supervise craft for testing,and pre-commissioning activities
- Computer skills including experience with MSExcel & MSWord, SetRoute, Team works,and Infoworks in the execution o fwork assignment
- Knowledge of and prior experience in using Bechtel’s SWPPs and STCPs to govern work activities